New release adding WeTek Core unofficial support
Posted on 2016-02-06 by kivutar
The Lunar new year is coming. It’s time for a minor release.
- Upgrade/Downgrade from the GUI implemented
- RetroArch updated to 1.3
- Scanning duplicate bug fixed
- Fix DualShock 4 support on Generic, C1, RPi1/2, Wtk
- Reboot menu entry added
- Joypad configs updated, with support for the latest 8bitdo firmware
- Snes9x playlist association fixed on the generic images
- Handy (Atari Lynx) compatibility with no-intro ROMs fixed
- Mednafen PSX updated, with support for enhanced resolutions
- beetle-ngp added to every builds
- ARM bugfix for FUSE
- Genesis Plus GX updated
- o2em packged and added to every builds
- mame2003 updated
- FBA updated with new options
- cap32 packaged
- PCSX Rearmed updated
- Mupen64plus updated
- Virtualjaguar updated
Unofficial support for the WeTek Core
I’ve merged the patches from OpenELEC 6 to add support for the new box from WeTek.
I have not been able to try the image myself on the hardware, but some users reported it working very well, with no major issues (unlike the WeTek Play).
The builds are available for download in our development builds.
I keep in touch with the WeTek team on Twitter. I may ask them to send a free sample so that we can start supporting this officially.
- We received a Pine64, from the Pine64 team.
- We received an Odroid-C2 from the Hardkernel team.
- We should receive some UDOO Quad too, from the UDOO team.
- I’m working hard on improving scanning, boxarts, and game metadata. You will love the next release :)
Thanks a lot to the great community, contributors, and partners for your support!